Why Vote Independent in Future Elections
A short video that explains why there is an alternative to petty party politics:
Why are the Residents of Central Beds turning to the Independents?
QUESTION: What have the Central Bedfordshire villages of Barton-le-Clay, Cockayne Haltey, Dunton, Edworth, Everton, Eyeworth, Gravenhurst, Potton, Shillington, Silsoe, Sutton, Tempsford and Wrestlingworth have in common?
ANSWER: They have all chosen to elect an Independent councillor to Central Bedfordshire Council rather than a Conservative or representative of another political party. Residents in those towns and villages have recognised that councillors who can devote all of their energies to looking after your interests are better than those who have a split loyalty between you and a political party whose leader may be telling your councillor what to do, even if it's not in your residents' best interests.
4 Reasons to be Independent 4 Central Beds
- 99% of people do not belong to political parties
- Whilst other councillors allegiances may lie first with their party and second with their community, an Independent will place interests of their community first.
- Central Beds Council requires Independent Scrutiny
- Arguably Party Politics has no place in Local Government
Could You be an Independent Councillor for your area?
Independents for Central Beds helps people to stand as candidates Central Beds Council elections.
If you think you might be interested in standing for the council as an independent, we want you to get in touch.
Your Current Independent Central Beds Councillors
- Barton-le-Clay - Cllr Ian Shingler
- Potton - Cllr Adam Zerny
- Silsoe and Shillington - Cllr Alison Graham
Visit their pages on this site to find out more and to contact them to find out how they can help you stand as an independent candidate in your ward at the next election
This website is promoted by Mark Smith, 6 Sidney Road, Ampthill, Beds, MK45 2RJ on behalf of the Independents for Central Beds Group